One fine body…
Version for the visually impaired
Department of postgraduate study
Address: Ust-Kamenogorsk, 30 Gvardeiskoy Divizii street, 34, Building №1, office 231
Phone.: 8 (7232) 54-01-57
Acting head of department – Manshuk Nykmukanova,
The department of postgraduate study is a structural subdivision of the university, coordinating the educational process of the departments of the University for the Preparation of scientific and pedagogical staff of the highest qualification (masters and PhD doctors).
The main tasks of the department of postgraduate education
Organization of the educational process according to the programs of postgraduate education in accordance with the Classifier of areas of preparation of higher and postgraduate education; creation of conditions for obtaining professional knowledge in the volume that ensures the equivalence of master's degrees in the international labor market.
2. Organization of indepth theoretical and practical training of students in the chosen direction of science and pedagogical activity.
3. Organization of targeted training of specialists on the orders of organizations.
4. Organization and control of the educational and methodological provision of the educational process in postgraduate education programs.
5. Organization of training of undergraduates for the entrance examinations for admission to a doctoral PhD
The main functions of the department of postgraduate education1. Organization of training undergraduates and doctoral students in educational programs, relevant qualifications in the chosen field of professional activity.
2. Organization, coordination and control of the educational process in graduate and doctoral studies in accordance with regulatory documents.
3. Control of the provision of educational programs of magistracy and doctoral studies of educational, methodical and scientific documentation and literature.
4. Organization and control over the internship course of undergraduate and doctoral students in higher educational institutions and scientific organizations, including foreign ones, to carry out work on research topics.
5. Monitoring the movement of undergraduates and doctoral candidates, preparing reports for state statistics bodies and the MES RK.
6. Scheduling studies and exams in all disciplines.
7. Monitoring the attendance of undergraduate and doctoral students.
8. Monitoring the implementation of working curricula.
9. Control over the filling of the PPP statements of intermediate and final certification.
10. Making an order for a scholarship based on the results of exam sessions.
11. Organization of educational activities with undergraduates and doctoral students in conjunction with the graduating departments and the department for educational work and social issues.
12. Organization of career guidance among university graduates together with graduating departments.
The department was established in August 2008 as a result of the merger of two departments of the university: master and postgraduate courses.
The training of undergraduates of the East Kazakhstan State University named after S.Amanzholov began the first in the Republic of Kazakhstan since 1994 (order of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 283 15.07. 94). As an experiment, a magistracy was opened in the following areas of training: "Russian language and literature", "History of Kazakhstan", "History of foreign countries", and since September 1, 1996, based on the order of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan (No. 279 of August 29, 1996) new specialties were opened: "Chemistry", "Geography", "Biology".
Taking into account the demand for master’s labor in the labor market and the increase in the cost of training one undergraduate student, in the 2005-2006 year university opened a specialized annual magistracy for specialists in jurisprudence, economics, pedagogy and psychology, psychology, Kazakh philology and history .
Since the 2002-2003 year, the credit technology has been introduced into the educational process of the university, which increases the level of self-education and the creative development of knowledge on the basis of individualization and the creative development of knowledge.
The department of postgraduate education carries out training of masters in the specialties of the relevant qualifications in the chosen field of professional activity in a multi-level structure, in accordance with the state general educational standards (SES). After graduating from the graduate school graduates are awarded an academic degree "master".
Currently, the university has licenses for the preparation of doctors PhD on the basis of professional curricula in the specialties 6D060400 - Physics, 6D020100 - Philosophy, 6D020300 - History, 6D060600 - Chemistry, 6D011700- Kazakh language and literature, 6D050600- Economics, 6D060100- Mathematics, 6D011100 Computer science - with a training period of three years.
After completing the doctoral studies (PhD) doctoral degree is awarded the degree of "Ph.D.".
Education in the magistracy of the university is carried out both on the state budget and on a contractual basis. Master's training is conducted at 16 departments of the university.
All graduate specialties are provided with highly qualified teaching staff. The scientific management of the master's theses of the University is carried out by scientists who have academic titles of “professor” or “associate professor.
The basis of the material base of the magistracy is the equipment of physical, chemical, environmental laboratories, computer classes, audio and video equipment, the library fund of the university, there is the possibility of using information and communication technologies.
Every year the university holds a scientific and practical conference of young scientists and students, where undergraduates and doctoral students have the opportunity to speak with the results of their research.
To date, in the master's program at the EKSU named after S.Amanzholov, training is being carried out in 31 scientific and pedagogical specialties and in 18 specialized fields.
In total, 353 undergraduates in the following specialties are trained at the university 33 master’s degree program.
The list of employees of the postgraduate education department: