The office of Geology
The geological office appeared in 1982. It was based on the personal collections of the museum’s creator Mikhailova N.I., Dareniya Popova V.E., Filippova V.A., Radchenko M.S., Senkevich M.I., Bykova M.S., Bazhanova V.S. , Drushchitsa V.I., Epiphany O.V., Erofeeva V.A., exchanges with museums of Moscow State University, Yekaterinburg G.I., East Kazakhstan Geological Administration and before. The Geological Museum grew out of the subject cabinet of geology. When Mikhailova N.I. An unlimited number of exhibits were collected, and the opportunity arose to create permanent thematic expositions and funds.
Generations of students who currently work primarily in schools and use the experience of cabinet-museum work gained while studying at the university when creating subject rooms in their schools took part in the design of the expositions. Like any museum of an educational institution, the geological office of the EKSU named after S. Amanzholov was created to ensure the educational process, so the scientific and thematic plan of the museum’s exposition was developed on the basis of the program of the geology training course. Each section of the program is represented in the museum by an independent thematic exhibition.
Now in the museum the following expositions are presented:
- Methods of geological study (Artemenko S., Yesenok V., Pileckaya E.).
- Fundamentals of genetic mineralogy (Murzhukova K., Tungatova Gl., Myrzabaeva L., Syrgakpaeva G., Tungatova Gzh., Zubovich O., Zubova S., Argumbaeva B., Solovyova N.).
- Petrography (Karabolinov M., Bikkert A., Moldabaeva G., Solovieva N.)
- Fundamentals of evolutionary paleontology (Soluyanova M., Ivanova O., Feklistov M., Borisov N., Murzintseva T., Vykhodtseva N.).
- Minerals (Toishebekov O., Zherdenova I., Zmeeva G., Ryzhkova O., Okoneshnikova T.).
- Magmatism (Moldabaev M., Zhibiyazova G., Burov V.,).
- Metamorphism (Moldabaev M., Burov V.).
- Lithogenesis (Platova N., Ovodova T.).
- Methods of studying the geographical shell of the geological past of the Earth (Pavlova E.).
- Paleogeography. The development of the nature of the Earth’s surface (A. Tsyganov, F. Tsoi, S. Nurkenova).
- Ancient climates of the Earth (Motabaeva G., Kaysanova A., Ilbekova J., Kaliaskarova Sh., Rakhimzhanova T., Amrenova S.).
- Plate tectonics (Samsonova V., Popovich O., Yuzhaninova S., Kiporova I.).
- The ecological content of the scientific and thematic exposition of the museum (Boranbaeva M., Zhienbaeva J., Nurmambetova Z., Babin E.).
Organization of the collection fund The total number of expanses (minerals, rocks, etc.) of the museum and the study-subject cabinet is 8.5 thousand storage units.
1. Foundation training collections
2. Foundation Demonstration Collections
3. Fund of exhibition, reference, museum collections proper
4. Reserve fund. All exhibits are numbered, entered in the material register of the cabinet and museum.