Address: Ust-Kamenogorsk, 34, Tridtsatoi Gvardeiskoi Divizii street
Tel.: 8 (7232) 54-04-21
Director of the Library – Nuralieva Perizat Kuzembaevna
The history of the Scientific Library of Sarsen Amanzholov East-Kazakhstan State University began in 1952. Today, it is the largest university library in East Kazakhstan with the fund of more than 1 million books. It stores unique publications of scientific, educational literature, fiction in Kazakh, Russian and 25 foreign languages, printed books, electronic collections, rare book fund.
For the users of the library are available: scientific journals of more than 300 titles in print and more than 10,000 in electronic form, over 18,000 full-text books (textbooks, manuals, monographs); Virtual Reading Room of Interuniversity Electronic Library (RIEL); electronic books and periodicals of publishes -Elsevier and Springer, Cambridge University Press; analytical resources Web of Science (Tomson Reuters, USA) Scopus (Eisevier, Netherlands), and others. In addition, electronic versions of regulatory documents and other electronic resources are available.
The library is proud of its Rare Book fund, which has more than 10 thousand units of storage, beginning from the XVIII century. Scientific Library of S. Amanzholov EKSU has its own "Digital Library" – teachers’ publications, articles, dissertation abstracts, textbooks and teaching aids, educational complexes, rare books, etc.
Automated Library System IRBIS-64 provides users the same services, which students and teachers of the best universities of Kazakhstan and Russia can get, including electronic catalog with unique features to find information.
Scientific Library of S. Amanzholov EKSU is the methodical center of libraries of the East Kazakhstan educational institutions. It coordinates the activities of the libraries: organizes and holds conferences and seminars in all areas of information and library activities; identifies, examines and implements innovative technologies that enhance the quality of information and library service to users; provides the development of professional staff, actively improving their skills.
The structure of the library service departments:
- Scientific Literature Delivery (Corpus №1, Office 103, tel. 54-03-01);
- Fiction and Art Literature Delivery (Corpus №1, Office 107);
- Literature in Kazakh Language Delivery (Corpus №1, Office 107);
- Rare Book Reading Room (Corpus №1, Office 229);
- Library of Educational Literature - branch №1 (Student House №3, ground floor, tel. 540-246);
- Student Reading Room (Corpus №1, Office 303);
- Reading Room of Scientific Information (Corpus №1, Office 229);
- Reading Room of Periodicals (Corpus №1, Office 101);
- Reading Room of Technical Literature (Corpus №7);
- Reading Room of Corpus №2;
- Reading Room of Economic Literature (Corpus №9);
- Reading Room for Philological Specialties (Corpus №9);
- Reading Room of Corpus №3;
- Reading Room of Corpus №4
List of department heads:
- The head of the department of acquisition, processing of documents and organizing of catalogs - Baibusinova Kulzhanat Saparovna
- The head of the department of readers’ service and storage of funds - Khasenova Svetlana Valeryevna;
- The head of the department of informational and bibliographical work - Ershova Lyubov Petrovna;
- The head of the department of automation of library and information processes and methodical work - Samoilova Svetlana Yuryevna;
- The head of the department of educational literature - Shtrak Rimma Vladimirovna.