Sarsen Amanzholov East Kazakhstan State University has a large team of highly qualified specialists and scientists who have rich pedagogical and professional, valuable practical experience.
The number of full-time faculty staff of the university is more than 400 teachers and employees, including DSc and CSc, PhD, professors, associate professors. EKSU scientists annually participate in various competitions for the financing of research projects and become of grant-holders. The university has a great history and traditions of scientific schools in physics, chemistry, biology, philology, history, pedagogy and economics.
The main directions of research in EKSU:
- Fundamental and applied research in the field of physics, nanotechnology, mathematical modeling of natural, technological and socio-economic processes and phenomena;
- Biotechnology for the creation, cloning of promising varieties of cultivated plants and wild plants for the replenishment and rational use of the genetic resources of East Kazakhstan;
- Study of flora and fauna problems in East Kazakhstan and conservation of biodiversity in the region.
- Study of the historical and cultural heritage of Altai, East Kazakhstan and the region as a whole.
- Study of the improvement of state regulation and increasing the competitiveness of the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Study of the genetic and epidemiological monitoring of the genotype-environment interaction for the population of the East Kazakhstan region.
- Study of the prospects for the use of renewable energy in the Republic of Kazakhstan.